© Allparts Equipments & Accessories. All Rights Reserved.
PP200SC Ignitor is a new style Heavy Duty Extended Life 120 Volt Hot Surfice Ignitor Hsi. This PP200SC will replace the older Extremely Fragile version of the PP200 and HA1000 that was used by DESA International to start and ignite it's line of portable heaters the use the new circuit board style ignition systems. The PP200SC pictured is triggered by 120 volts from the circuit board and will glow for 5-7 seconds only during the initial starting of the portable kerosene heater.
If for any reason the PP200SC element glows longer than this amount of time you may need to replace your control board.
If you are not sure if the PP200SC will replace the current style igniter you have please contact our customer service department for verification of the correct part is being used.
Some of the part numbers replaced by the PP200SC Igniter are PP200, HA1000, 102337,-03, 102548-01, 102548-02,102548-03, 102548-04, 102548-05, 102548-06, 102548-07 and the 112072-01 Hot Surface Ignitors Hsi with both the Yellow, Red, Purple and Grey wires.
Some of the models that use the PP200 / HA100 kits were made by DESA International under the Reddy Heater, Master Heaters, John Deere, Remington, All-Pro, Universal, Husky by Home Depot, Kobalt by Lowes, Sears Craftsman, WW Grainger and Dayton brand names.
Below is a partial list of some of the most common portable heaters the PP200 Kit will fit:
The PP200 / HA1000 Hot Surface Ignitor Kit fits the following Reddy Heater models:
R35D, R35E, R40, R40T, R55A, R55B, R55BT, R60, R70D, R70DT, R110B, R110BT, R110C, R110CT, R115, R115C, R115CT, R115T, R155B, R155C, R165A, R165AT, R165CT, R200A, R200AT, R200B, RC40, RC55T, RC70T, RC115CT, RC115T, RC165CT, RC165T, RH125T, RH170T, RH200T, RHD125T, RHD170T, RHD200T, RL125T, RL170T, RL200T, RM60, RM115, RM115C, RM115CT, RM155, RM155C, RM200AT, RM200BT.
The PP200 / HA1000 Hot Surface Ignitor Kit fits the following Master Heater models:
B50H, B50J, B55, B55BT, B55CT, B60, B70D, B70DT, B110B, B110BT, B115, B115CT, B115T, B150J, B150JT, B155CT, B155T, B165A, B165AT, B165CT, B200AT, B200BT, BC40, BC55T, BC70T, BC115CT, BC115T, BC165CT, BC165T, M125T, M170T, M200T.
The PP200 / HA1000 Hot Surface Ignitor Kit fits the following Remington Heater models:
REM35B, REM35C, REM40, REM50C, REM55A, REM55B, REM60, REM110B, REM110BT, REM115, REM115C, REM115T, REM150E, REM155B, REM155C, REM200AT, REM200BT, RE125T, RE170T, RE200T
- Service Information
Hot surface Ignitor Replacement Instructions Removing Old Assembly
1. Using a 5/16" Nut Driver, remove the six upper shell screws and four side cover screws and remove the upper shell cover and side panel cover.
2. Carefully disconnect the two ignitor wires from ignition control circuit board assembly. These wires may currently be yellow, orange, grey or purple on your unit, but they will all be replaced by the new ignitor using the 2 yellow wires. It does not matter which yellow ignitor wire goes to the 2 ignitor labeled spades on the ignition control circuit board assembly.
3. Pull ignitor wires up through hole in lower shell.
4. Carefully disconnect rear fuel supply line hose and front air supply line hose from the nozzle adaptor. Use caution when removing these lines on units with a plastic adaptor, too much force will cause the plastic hose barbs on the nozzle adaptor to crack off. The air supply line coming from the motor air pump goes to the rear hose barb connection on the nozzle adaptor connection. The fuel supply line coming from the tank goes to the front hose barb on the nozzle adaptor connection. Remove photocell from photocell bracket.
5. Remove complete combustion chamber from the heater body. Stand combustion chamber on end with nozzle adapter bracket on top.
6. Remove ignitor screw with a 1/4" nut driver. Carefully remove ignitor from nozzle adapter bracket.
7. Carefully remove replacement ignitor from packing. Do not touch the Black Ceramic end on the ignitor this may cause immediate damage to the ingitor or can greatly reduce the life of the newly installed ignitor.
8. Being extremely careful guide the new ignitor through the opening in nozzle adapter bracket and seat the ignitor into position. Use caution not to strike ignitor element in any way. Attach ignitor to nozzle adapter bracket screw that was removed during disassembly using a 1/4" nut driver.
Torque 8 to 15 in. lbs. Do not over torque or immediate damage may occur.
9. Carefully replace combustion chamber.
10. Route yellow ignitor wires back down through hole in lower shell and back to the ignition control circuit board assembly. Carefully connect the two yellow wires to ignition control circuit board assembly. It does not matter which yellow ignitor wire goes to the 2 ignitor labeled spades on the ignition control circuit board assembly.
11. Using a 5/16" Nut Driver, reinstall side cover to heater using the four screws that were previously removed. Tighten screws until snug. Do not over torque.
12. Route and connect fuel supply line hose and air supply line hose to nozzle adaptor hose barbs on the combustion chamber burner head.
13. Replace photocell in photocell bracket Wires are to be routed as shown in Figure 2.
14. Replace upper shell and reinstall 6 screws using 5/16" Nut Driver.
Some other sites are claiming they are selling a PP200SC but unless they are identical to the PP200SC we have shown is our pictures including the WRITING ON THE LABEL saying PP200SC CSA approved, the yellow high temperature coated wires and the UL Listed connectors "Not Clear Plastic Connectors" then they are not selling the actual PP200SC.
These after market igniters may not be rated for the correct temperature ranges including substandard wire connectors that can cause the control board to short out causing damage and possible fire to the portable heater.
If you look close you will see those retailers selling the counterfeited PP200SC will not show the label showing the part number PP200SC and also they are using a Non UL Listed SOFT WHITE PLASTIC CONNECTOR...
- Cross Reference
The PP200SC replaces the following part numbers:
PP200, HA1000, 102337-03, 102548-01, 102548-02,102548-03, 102548-04, 102548-05, 102548-06, 102548-07, 112072-01,
This is a partial list and does not include all of the part numbers that may have been replaced by the PP200 Hot Surface ignitor.
John Deere Ignitor Kit 44-0149